What I learned during my internship
The final in our three part series on interning, Bastion Effect intern Cara Gates shares what she learned while with us. Cara is currently in her fourth year of a double degree in Business (Marketing) and Arts (Communication and Media Studies) at Monash University. Thanks so much for everything Cara, you are a true superstar!
Looking to intern at an agency? Here is what I learnt from my time with Bastion Effect:
- There will never be enough hours in a day, and tasks are endless and frequent. Agencies deal with numerous clients, which means that there is always work to be done – as an intern this is great as people will happily keep you busy all day and you’ll learn a lot.
- Agency life sees you warp into whatever your client needs – your tasks are not limited to what you have been taught, instead you adapt to do whatever needs to be done.
- Your traditional sense of who clients might be goes out the door.
- Being proactive is the best approach to agency life in every sense. Seek out work, be inquisitive, and help where you can.
- The team will celebrate each other’s successes and helping out where anyone needs, so you’re never riding solo.
We’re now in Queensland
Integrated communications agency Bastion Amplify has acquired south-east Queensland’s leading full-service public relations firm, Promedia, as Bastion embarks on…
Four lessons when communicating with consumers
Recently, five fabulous members of the Bastion Amplify team attended Mumbrella 360 to take the pulse of…
The new news – owned journalism
Today there are more brands than ever trying to tell their stories to drive commercial…
WE ARE PART OF BASTION
Bastion is a truly integrated, full-service marketing and communications agency founded in 2009. We are Australia’s largest independent agency, with an ambition to achieve the same feat in the USA.
We offer a wide breadth of specialist capabilities across the communications spectrum including market research, brand and creative, advertising, corporate and change communications, PR and social media, digital and customer experience (CX), sponsorship and experiential, film and content production, merchandise, Asia marketing and communications, data analytics and panel management.