What I learned during my internship
The final in our three part series on interning, Bastion Effect intern Cara Gates shares what she learned while with us. Cara is currently in her fourth year of a double degree in Business (Marketing) and Arts (Communication and Media Studies) at Monash University. Thanks so much for everything Cara, you are a true superstar!
Looking to intern at an agency? Here is what I learnt from my time with Bastion Effect:
- There will never be enough hours in a day, and tasks are endless and frequent. Agencies deal with numerous clients, which means that there is always work to be done – as an intern this is great as people will happily keep you busy all day and you’ll learn a lot.
- Agency life sees you warp into whatever your client needs – your tasks are not limited to what you have been taught, instead you adapt to do whatever needs to be done.
- Your traditional sense of who clients might be goes out the door.
- Being proactive is the best approach to agency life in every sense. Seek out work, be inquisitive, and help where you can.
- The team will celebrate each other’s successes and helping out where anyone needs, so you’re never riding solo.
Navigating a return to work
Is the traditional office obsolete? Is working from home the new norm? Is there a…
Influencer marketing amidst the COVID-19 pandemic
For better or worse, the impact of COVID-19 has been felt widely - within our…
COVID-19 Marketing Lessons from China
For the past several months China has been grappling with what the rest of Australia…
WE ARE PART OF BASTION
Bastion is a truly integrated, full-service marketing and communications agency founded in 2009. We are Australia’s largest independent agency, with an ambition to achieve the same feat in the USA.
We offer a wide breadth of specialist capabilities across the communications spectrum including market research, brand and creative, advertising, corporate and change communications, PR and social media, digital and customer experience (CX), sponsorship and experiential, film and content production, merchandise, Asia marketing and communications, data analytics and panel management.