5 things to know before you start your internship
The second in our three part series on interning, Bastion Effect intern Cara Gates shares her tips and advice for finding and landing your dream internship! Cara is currently in her fourth year of a double degree in Business (Marketing) and Arts (Communication and Media Studies) at Monash University. Take it away, Cara!
As an intern, you hit the ground running, so here are some tips to make your transition a little easier:
- You will be a little fish in a big sea, but don’t worry the sea is more like the bay and everyone was once a little fish.
- Although you may feel like a nuisance, everyone is thankful you’re here. An extra set of hands is an asset and no one can take that away from you.
- Be prepared to take on any task. Yes, that might include mundane data entry but it will enable you to familiarise yourself with the media and build your confidence in a workplace environment. Plus, that data entry is often an important part of an account – if you weren’t doing it, someone else would be!
- If you don’t know, then ask. This one might seem simple, but you’d be surprised. Your colleagues would much prefer you ask them a million questions than complete a task incorrectly.
- Once you are given a task you are left to work independently. It is always good to follow through until the end, completely it 100 per cent of the way and let people know when you’re done.
Four lessons when communicating with consumers
Recently, five fabulous members of the Bastion Amplify team attended Mumbrella 360 to take the pulse of…
The new news – owned journalism
Today there are more brands than ever trying to tell their stories to drive commercial…
Navigating a return to work
Is the traditional office obsolete? Is working from home the new norm? Is there a…
WE ARE PART OF BASTION
Bastion is a truly integrated, full-service marketing and communications agency founded in 2009. We are Australia’s largest independent agency, with an ambition to achieve the same feat in the USA.
We offer a wide breadth of specialist capabilities across the communications spectrum including market research, brand and creative, advertising, corporate and change communications, PR and social media, digital and customer experience (CX), sponsorship and experiential, film and content production, merchandise, Asia marketing and communications, data analytics and panel management.